Weed and Feed
With the weather warming up, it will soon be time to apply Weed -and -Feed products to your lawn.
Pennington’s Signature Weed and Feed controls over 200 types of weeds and also feeds your existing lawns. It kills weeds that are actively growing. Killing weeds and feeding will help get your lawn in good shape going into our notoriously hot and dry summers.
Here are a few tips to help you during the application of granular weed and feed:
1. Make sure weeds are actively growing
2. Do not mow for three or four days prior to application
3. Use a broadcast spreader to make sure you get an even application. Follow label directions for
4. Do not spill weed and feed on the lawn. A spill can cause over application and cause burn out. If
you do spill, use a broom to spread it out.
5. After application do not mow for two to three days . Lightly water your lawn if there has been
no rain for two days.
Broadleaf Weed Controls:
For weeds growing in the lawn you can also control them without fertilizing. Bonide’s Weed Beater Ultra can be sprayed on lawns without killing the grass. It is proven to work even while the night
time temperatures are cool. You can apply Weed Beater Ultra and the re-seed in as early as two weeks. Results can be seen within a few hours on actively growing weeds.