FATHER’S DAY IS SUNDAY, JUNE 21st. HONORING ALL FATHERS AND FATHERHOOD
Just a little history with Father’s Day:
- First observed in Spokane, Washington in 1910.
- In 1916, President Woodrow Wilson wanted to make the 3rd Sunday of June a recognized federal holiday.
- In 1966, President LBJ issued the first presidential proclamation to make Father’s Day a national holiday.
- In 1972, President Richard Nixon made it a permanent national holiday.
Any dad who gardens would appreciate a Father’s Day gift with a garden theme.
Here are a few suggestions that will help you show how much he means to you:
1. HERE ARE MY TWO FAVORITE IDEAS!!! – take your dad’s pruners, lawnmower blade, cooking knives, scissors and bring them here –
SATURDAY, JUNE 20 between 10:00 and 2:00
They will be here to sharpen everything!! What a surprise this could be. Your Dad will appreciate this unique effort.
GEORGIA PEACH TRUCK
Will be here FRIDAY, JUNE 19 between 3:00 and 4:30 selling freshly picked peaches. A box of peaches and/or a bag of Georgia pecans will be a welcome treat.
OR DO BOTH!!!!!!
2. A new pair of gardening gloves.
3. A new tool such as pruners, shovel, trowel
4. A beautiful, glazed container with flowering annuals planted.
5. A favorite plant both indoor tropical and outdoor.
6. A birdbath and a bird feeder with birdseed.
7. Still not sure? – how about a GREAT BIG GREENHOUSE GIFT CARD?
HAPPY FATHER’S DAY from all of us here at THE GREAT BIG GREENHOUSE & MEADOWS FARMS NURSERIES