AUGUST IS THE GATEWAY TO THE FALL PLANTING SEASON & THE GATES ARE OPENING
Here we are in the last full week of August. What a month August has been, especially when it comes to rainfall. It has been a record month. And, most of our plants are very grateful for all this water, especially after the dry and hot month of July.
So, with September comes the beginning of the FALL IS FOR PLANTING campaign. So many people are surprised to learn that fall is an ideal planting season. But it’s true! Here are 6 good reasons why it is true:
- Warm soil + cool air = happy plants
- Plants have a head start with development before next spring.
- We have fewer insect pests and diseases in the fall.
- For us planters, working hard with planting is more pleasant in the cooler temperatures.
- Plants planted in the fall have a better drought tolerance. Plants get a 6 to 8 month of root growth before the hot, dry weather of next summer.
- Plants planted in the fall are less water-stressed.
LET’S KEEP VIRGINIA GREEN & GROWING by
“PLANTING A LITTLE HAPPINESS” this Fall
Our environmental benefits of planting shrubs, trees, and plants include a healthier environment, cleaner air, and reduced stormwater runoff.
Are you ready to plant? We are ready to assist you with all your plants and plant products right now. Come see us. Let’s make this fall a successful planting season.